May 7, 2009

Charming Paris Shop: Au Petit Bonheur de la Chance










About three weeks ago I took a trip to Paris for Easter. We had the most beautiful weather and all the colors seemed so saturated. The entire city was blooming. It was a perfect introduction to this lovely city for my little 10-month old, who enjoyed most the baguettes!

I found this lovely shop called Au Petit Bonheur de la Chance, (13 Rue St. Paul) with a million vintage treasures picked out over time: everything from unused 1950's school notebooks and erasers to silk ribbon and hatpins. The owner has an impressive collection of colorful vintage latte bowls from the 1940's and 1950's, kitchen tins and stacks and stacks of antique cream and red table linens. The way things are displayed is beautiful- everything is easy to find, and despite the shop's small size, pretty easy to see. You must visit if you get a chance! I discovered the shop from this lovely blog. (The gorgeous photos were taken by my husband.)

8 comments:

Comme du Coton said...

thank you for this delightful address

Comme du Coton said...

thank you for this delightful address

TheYoupiTouch said...

I discovered this shop 2 weeks ago as well, I especially loved the vintage school mapshttp://unetouchede.canalblog.com/archives/2009/04/24/13499938.html

Vanya Wilkinson said...

I was in Paris for Easter also :) Check out the pics on my blog if your interested. I wish I had found this shop, its marvelous!

Fifi Flowers said...

Looks like a FAB shop... I could go wild purchasing in there!

Maide said...

This shop looks like in the 1900-1920
time. Very cute vintage shop.

Greetings
Maide

Katherine Lee said...

So absolutely charming and lovely. I was lucky enough to study design at the Sorbonne in Paris for a semester several years ago, and your post made me miss Paris so very much! Thank you my dear!
xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
www.urbanfleadesign.com

Katherine Lee said...

I just gave your amazing blog a little shout out over at Urban Flea! Check it out and let me know what you think!
xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
www.urbanfleadesign.com